Hello friends and neighbors,
The Winooski Senior Center remains closed to the public due to COVID-19. Staff will still be available by email and phone to answer questions and assist seniors in finding resources within our community to meet their needs:
- Phone Support: Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 AM - 2 PM: 802 655 6425 / Voice Mail 24/7
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More than a Meal Program
In partnership with Age Well, we are proud to announce our new "More than a Meal" program. Social distancing does not mean social isolation. Now, more than ever we need to stay connected. Every Wednesday, enjoy a free nutritious meal and some goodies from us! We want to support you being well at home. We offer a free meal for older Vermonters 60+ with curbside pickup or delivery to your Winooski residence.
Call the Winooski Senior Center at 802 655 6425 or email email@example.com to sign up today! #WinooskiWithLove
COVID-19 and Seniors
- Beware of COVID-19 Scams:
- A free and confidential service, serving Vermonters statewide with information and resources to help maintain and improve their health and well being.
- Dial 2-1-1 in Vermont
- 1 866 652 4636 – toll-free in Vermont
- 802 652-4636 – from outside of Vermont
2-1-1 Community Resource Directory
Winooski Food Shelf
Provides supplemental food assistance to Winooski residents who self-identify as food insecure.
- 802 655 7371
- Please note the Winooski Food Shelf’s updated COVID-19 operational instructions:
- Clients must remain outside.
- You will be given a number to secure your place in line.
- We suggest that you stand 3 feet apart. We will hand you a bag of food at the door.
- If you are not present when we call your number, you will need to go to the back of the line.
- 1 800 585 2265
- Application for The Commodity Supplemental Food Program for Older Adults: http://www.vtfoodbank.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/A-CSFP-Form-Application_REVISED-4-2018.pdf
Provides services to individuals 60+ and their caregivers, regardless of financial status.
- AARP will host a weekly live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 PM. To join, visit https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2020/tele-town-hall-coronavirus.html - call toll-free 855 274 9507 to ask questions.
- COVID-19 Checklist for Older Adults: Prepare for Coronavirus
- AARP Community Connections: https://aarpcommunityconnections.org/
VT Help Link
- VT Helplink is your statewide, public resource for finding substance use treatment and recovery services in Vermont.
- 802 565 5465
- BoneBuilders Plus Class - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICLMYGdaAiM
- Tai Chi for Arthritis with Dr. Paul Lam - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAOuEpa01j4
- Go4Life Workout videos for Older Adults from the National Institute on Aging - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmk21KJuZUM7kDgg7EOsXqPKAoOnD5Q8N
- Massive Open Online Courses - https://www.mooc.org/
- Yale University free Online Course Catalog - https://poorvucenter.yale.edu/online-courses
- TED Talks - https://www.ted.com/
- Netflix Party - https://www.netflixparty.com
- Virtual Travel and Museum Tours from Google Arts and Culture - https://artsandculture.google.com
- Smithsonian Institute - https://www.si.edu
- National Zoo (live animal webcams) - https://nationalzoo.si.edu/webcams