Licenses and Permits

Marriage Licenses

Marriage licenses must be obtained through the City City Clerk’s Office at Winooski City Hall on 27 West Allen Street. The cost of the license is $50.00 and $10.00 for a certified copy - payments can be made via cash or check.

Dog Licenses

All dogs owned in the City of Winooski must be registered with the City Clerk before April 1st of each year pursuant to Title 20 Vermont Statutes Annotated, §3581. In order to register your dog, you must have a copy of the current Rabies Certificate. At this time, we are only registering dogs via forms through the mail. To get started, please call us at 802 655 6410 or email our City Clerk, Carol Barrett:

Hunting and Fishing Licenses

Hunting and fishing licenses are available from the State of Vermont Dept. of Fish and Wildlife.