Recreation and Parks
COVID-19 notice: At this time, our regular programs and events have been postponed. View our Remote Resources.
In supporting the Governor’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order, and in the interest in promoting social distancing in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19, the City of Winooski Community Services Department is closing the following facilities effective 4/7/20 until further notice.
- Landry Park Skate Park
- Landry Park Playground Structure and swing sets
- Landry Park Tennis courts (nets will not be installed at this time)
- O’Brien Center basketball court
- West Allen Park swing sets
- West Allen Park basketball court
- West Allen Park Dog Park
- Additionally, the playgrounds at the Winooski School District and Saint Francis Xavier School have been closed to the public until further notice.
Questions regarding any of these specific closures can be directed to Ray Coffey, Community Services Director: email@example.com / 802 373 0050. While we are making decisions to close some of our close contact facilities, we do encourage our community members to continue to get outside for exercise and positive mental health during this time of social distancing and isolation. We can safely continue to enjoy the outdoors with these measures:
- Stay close to home. Find areas close to your home that you can walk or bike to. If you must drive, please limit the distance from home to ten miles, and only drive with members of your household.
- Practice social distancing while outside. You lower your risk when you stay at least 6 ft apart from others. This includes having your dog on a leash and close to you.
- Be cautious and choose low-risk activities to avoid injury. This will help lower the burden on our hospitals and health care system. Respect signs for closed areas, trails and land.
Click here for a full list of parks and open spaces within the City of Winooski.