- How Do I...
- Pay a Fee
Pay a Fee
Please note: use of the online portal requires payment of a convenience fee. If you pay using a credit card the fee is 2.95% of the balance being paid. If you pay using an e-check the fee is $1.
Property Tax Payments
- Bills are mailed on July 15th. Quarterly installments are due on February 15th, May 15th, August 15th, and November 15th. If these dates fall on a weekend or holiday, we will accept payment on the next business day.
- Please note that we must receive the payment on or before the due date; we do not accept postmarks. Late payments will accrue interest at 1% per month for the first three months and 1.5% after that time for each installment. On May 16th taxes become delinquent with an 8% penalty and are turned over to the Delinquent Tax Collector.
Water and Sewer Utility Bills
- Bills are mailed quarterly on 1/15, 4/15, 7/15, and 10/15.
- Quarterly installments are due on 2/15, 5/15, 8/15, and 11/15.
- An 8% late fee is added to unpaid water and sewer bills, as well as 1% per month interest. If these dates fall on a weekend or holiday, we will accept payment on the next business day. Please note that we must receive the payment on or before the due date; we do not accept postmarks.
- The City of Winooski is now offering an electronic billing notification at no cost to all utility customers who wish to enroll. To enroll, please download this fillable form. When completed, please email to Angela Aldieri, Finance Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permits and Property Inspections
- Pay for Zoning Permits, Public Works Permits, Building Permits, Rental Registration, Commercial Inspection.
- Dog Licenses, Excess Weight Permits, Vital Records Copies, and other fees as directed.
- These items require documentation to have been filed with the City prior to the acceptance of fees. If documentation has not been received your payment may be rejected.