The Winooski Police Department is a proud partner of the Howard Center Community Outreach Program, which helps us respond to individuals of any age with unmet social service needs, including mental health or substance use issues. This program offers:
- Services for adults, children, and families.
- Supports to help individuals reach and sustain stability in the community.
- Referrals, resources, and guidance for basic mental health, substance use, medical, legal, and financial supports.
- Support and education to the community.
The Community Outreach Program serves the towns of Colchester, Essex, Hinesburg, Milton, Richmond, Shelburne, South Burlington, Williston, and Winooski. For more information about the Community Outreach Program, call 802 488 7778.
Individuals are self-referred to the Community Outreach Program or they are engaged by a Community Outreach team member. The program also receives referrals from service providers, police, other first responders, families/friends, merchants, and concerned community members. There are no restrictions on age or status for those who interact with Community Outreach.
- Community Outreach Program direct number: 802 488 7778
- HOWARD CENTER MAIN PHONE INTAKE LINE 802 488 6000 (CRISIS LINE 24/7/365)
- First Call For Chittenden County 802 488 7777
Download the program pamphlet