American Rescue Plan (ARPA)
The American Rescue Plan (ARPA) is a federal initiative created to alleviate many of the challenges communities are facing during the COVID-19 pandemic. The City of Winooski will receive about $2 million in federal COVID-19 relief funds over the next couple of years. These funds will be used to respond to the ongoing negative impacts of the pandemic. Over the coming months, opportunities for community engagement will be available to help prioritize the use of ARPA funding.
- Learn about the federal program: whitehouse.gov/american-rescue-plan
- Learn more about ARPA at the state level: governor.vermont.gov/arpa
- View the Coronavirus State & Local Fiscal Recovery Funds: Overview of the Final Rule via US Dept. of Treasury
Take Our Community Survey
Now Accepting COVID-19 Recovery Business Grant Applications
ARPA Discussions @ February Commission Meetings
Winooski's Planning, Finance, and Safe/Healthy/Connected People Commissions will be discussing ARPA funds at the following virtual meetings - community members are encouraged to attend:
- Finance Commission Meeting 2.8.22
- Safe/Healthy/Connected People Commission Meeting 2.8.22
- Planning Commission Meeting 2.10.22
Virtual Community Listening Session - COVID-19 Pandemic & the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)
Friday, February 4, 2022 - 6 - 7:30 PM (Via Zoom)
The City of Winooski is holding a listening session to guide the decision-making process for ARPA funds in our community. We want to address issues caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. We'd love to hear from YOU! Residents, business owners, anyone with a meaningful connection to Winooski are encouraged to attend and lend their voice!
- What are some of the greatest challenges since the pandemic began?
- How can ARPA funds solve pandemic-related issues?
- Share your questions, suggestions, and thoughts.
- All are welcomed - attend for free raffle prizes!
- Attend online: us06web.zoom.us/j/84082926441
- Attend by phone: 1 646 558 8656
- Webinar ID: 840 8292 6441
If interpretation services are needed, please email email@example.com by January 28, 2022