Winooski Memorial Library
The Winooski Memorial Library is currently only open on a by-appointment basis. Please see the details and instructions below on how to reserve your half-hour "Browse and Borrow" session! All due dates have been extended and we never charge late fees. The green book return is located in front of the Library.
Browse and Borrow Sessions
- Tuesdays 10 AM - 1 PM (open only to seniors 55+ and increased-risk persons*)
- Wednesday 3 – 6 PM
- Thursday 10 AM – 1 PM
- Friday 3 – 6 PM
- Saturday 10 AM – 2 PM
*The Winooski Memorial Library is opening up special Browse and Borrow sessions on Tuesdays from 10 AM - 1 PM exclusively for seniors (55+), those at increased risk and/or immunocompromised populations. To see if you are a part of this list as it pertains to COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/index.html Visits are limited to one individual or one family group of up to four people at a time. We ask that if you are not among this group to please continue to use schedule your Browse and Borrow sessions available Wednesdays - Saturdays. Thank you for your understanding and support in helping us serve our senior population!
- If you or anyone in your household/family group is feeling sick, please stay home.
- It is important to note that reopening does not mean a complete return to normal operations. Things will look and feel a little different and we appreciate your patience and cooperation as we again open our doors safely and responsibly.
- Browsing sessions are available for 30 minutes at a time. To make your appointment, use the reservation system below.
- Visits are limited to one appointment per week per individual or household/family group. This helps us all social distance and comply with our capacity limit. A family group is up to four people who all live together in the same household. Children under 10 must be accompanied at all times by a parent or caregiver 16 and older.
- If you arrive late to your appointment, you will not be able to stay late. We need to stick closely to the start and end times so that everyone will have a chance to enjoy being in the library again.
- Visitors and staff are required to wear masks and maintain a minimum 6’ social distance while inside the library at all times.
- The copier and public computers are available for use. Please note that time spent on the computer is part of your 30-minute visit and cannot be extended. Due to social distancing protocols, staff will be unable to provide one-on-one computer assistance at this time.
- The bathroom, water fountain, and public seating are currently closed. Please plan accordingly in advance of your visit.